Oil changes are an important part of the life of a car. They clean out the dirty oil and filters from your car. This helps keep your car running smoothly and efficiently. Without good quality oil, it will be hard to get good mileage. Use automotive management software to streamline all your shop tasks.
The main goal of a good oil change is to remove any dirt, dust, lint, and other particles without damaging the engine in any way. But there are many other benefits to getting one done.
How Regularly Do You Need to Change Your Engine Oil?
In general, most automakers suggest changing your engine oil every 3 months or 5,000 miles (whichever comes first). However, if you drive in harsh conditions (i.e., lots of stop-and-go traffic or off-road driving), then you may need to change it more often.
Even though many benefits come from changing your oil regularly, most drivers still neglect this essential part of car maintenance. The most common mistake is failing to check and change the oil regularly as specified by your car’s manufacturer.
What are the Benefits of Getting an Oil Change?
Regular oil changes help your car run smoothly, without issues. Let’s go over a few benefits of vehicle oil changes.
Your engine will last longer if you change your oil regularly
Your engine will last longer if you change your oil regularly. Over time, the oil used in engines breaks down and loses its protective qualities. This leaves your engine vulnerable to corrosion, leading to engine failure and costly repairs.
The cost of an oil change is much, much less than a $1,000 repair bill or a $3,000 for a new engine! So what are you waiting for? Get your car in for an oil change today!
You’ll reduce the risk of engine failure and costly repairs
You’ll reduce the risk of engine failure and costly repairs by changing your oil every 3 months or 5,000 miles (whichever comes first). That way, you’re giving yourself a safety net against nasty spills that could cause major damage – not just for your car but also for the environment.
It’s good for the environment since it reduces pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
Changing your oil regularly is good for the environment since it reduces pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. A corroded engine can lead to a plethora of other problems such as worn-out piston rings, corroded head gaskets, oil leaks etc. This produces blue or black smoke.
Every time you change your oil, a portion of the old oil goes into a recycling machine, where its components are 100% reused. This greatly decreases the consumption of new resources (and subsequently the ozone layer). This holds true for other industries as well, such as computer repair.
It can improve your fuel economy by up to 10%
Oil changes can improve your fuel economy by up to 10%. Since dirty oil causes friction between moving parts in engines which leads to increased consumption, getting this work done will result in lower consumption, thus leading to improved fuel economy!
Can I Do an Oil Change Myself?
Yes! There are many instructional videos online that will show you how to do it. However, if you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, most mechanics will be more than happy to do it for you. You can often book appointments and create auto repair estimates on the websites of repair shops that use automotive management software.
1. Park your car on a level surface and open the hood.
2. Locate the oil pan and drain plug. The pan will be on the lowest part of the engine, and the plug will be on the bottom of the pan.
3. Place a container under the drain plug to catch the oil as it drains out.
4. Remove the drain plug and allow the oil to drain out until the container is full.
5. Replace the drain plug and tighten it securely.
6. Locate the oil filter and remove it from the filter housing. You will need to turn it counterclockwise or to the left to remove the old filter.
7. Clean any dirt or debris off of the filter before installing a new one.
8. Open a new oil filter package, coat the rubber seal with clean engine oil, and then insert it into the new filter housing.
9. Turn the filter clockwise or to the right until it is snugly in place.
10. Locate the oil filler cap and remove it.
11. Pour the new oil into the engine through the filler cap opening. You will need to fill until the oil reaches the top of the dipstick.
12. Replace the oil filler cap and wipe off any excess oil that may be on the top of your car.
13. Turn the engine on, wait for it to idle for a few minutes, then turn it off again.
14. Check the dipstick to see if it is full or if you need to add more oil.
15. Once you have added the correct amount of new oil, turn the engine on and allow it to run for a couple of minutes.
16. Turn off your engine and check your dipstick again. Ensure that the oil level is between the marks on either side of the stick.
17. After you have waited, check the oil dipstick again to make sure that it is between the marks on either side of the stick. If it is not, then add more oils until it reaches that level.
Which Type of Oil Should You Use?
There are many types of oils that you could use in your car. The best type for your car depends on several factors, such as the type of vehicle, the temperature range it will be used in, and price. Some people prefer to avoid polyunsaturated oils because they can oxidize easily. This can lead to the formation of sludge and varnish in your engine, which can cause damage.
One common type of oil is conventional oil. It is made from refined crude oil, and it has a higher viscosity than synthetic oils. This means that it can provide better lubrication at high temperatures. Conventional oils are also less expensive than synthetic oils, making them a popular choice for drivers on a budget. However, they may not be the best option for drivers who live in a warm climate or drive a performance car.
Synthetic oils are made from natural materials, but they are processed to give them unique properties. For example, synthetic oils can remain liquid at very low temperatures, making them great for cold weather. They are also less viscous at high temperatures, improving fuel efficiency. However, synthetic oils are more expensive than conventional oils, and some types of engines need special additives to work properly with these oils.
Another option is semi-synthetic oil. This type of oil has properties that lie between synthetic and conventional oils. From an environmental point of view, this means that it may be the best choice because it is less harmful to the environment than conventional oil, but it can still work well in a wide range of temperatures without causing too much damage to your engine.
Premium Synthetic Oil
Last but not least is premium full synthetic oil, which offers many advantages over other types of motor oil. For example, full synthetic oil passes strict tests that other types of motor oil cannot meet. That means the oil is less likely to break down and cause problems with your engine. It also works well under high-performance conditions, making it a good choice for people who want to drive their cars on a track.
Taking care of your car makes it run better for a longer time. Also, read how you can increase the resale value of your car. These are the top 5 reasons why oil changes are important for your vehicle! So don’t wait! Get yourself booked in for a service today and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your car is running smoothly. Moreover, use automotive management software and get your shop organized and make tasks easier for your shop.